This building was constructed in 1925 as a service station with café. It was the first commercial building in Dana Point, built to take advantage of the newly opened Coast Highway. RHA worked diligently with the Owner, Historical Consultant, Historical Society, and City Planning Department to evaluate and determine significant building characteristics to preserve and restore, while allowing a space that was functional and attractive to a restaurant. RHA submitted the plans for consideration, and the building was designated as a City Historical Resource.
Coastal Kitchen was selected to inhabit the space given their appreciation of the site and ability to accommodate the historical significance and into their design concept. RHA teamed with Coastal Kitchen to develop a functional layout and new creative design, while effectively restoring the historical elements most significant to the original design and integrity of the building.